This is Pixly a tool that I’ve been developing for the last 6 months.
Frustrated with every attempt to find a good tool which would allow me to create pixel art on my phone, I thought it would better to spend that energy developing a new tool, so that’s what I did.
Starting out with a simple app that could change the colors of a texture upon touch, I built from there a fully featured tool which includes:
- Move/wrap around
- Color picking (with fast shortcut, by dragging the color button to the desired color on image)
- Selection tool (with irregular selection, not only rectangles!)
- Flood fill
- Geometric figures (lines, circles, squares, polygons)
- Animation with unlimited hardware limited frames
- Mini view
- Save, open, export single frame, spritesheet or separated frames.
- Share will send an intent with attached image/GIF scaled for proper social sharing
- Background references
- Customizable grid system
- Image tilling
- A lot of color effects
And much more to be found and implemented.
This was one of my first successful creations, it even got featured on a famous Brazilian game blog, here’s the interview (portuguese)
The app is currently not released on the Play Store, due to personal problems, but it’s available to be downloaded here: https://community.testfairy.com/join/utQpDuaL
Consider this as a test version, a final one is on its way to the Google Playstore (and maybe Apple appstore too) Also, follow me on Twitter if you want more updates on Pixly and my other projects!